- How can I get the music feature for my group’s page?
You can add a music player to your group’s page. The best way to do this is to embed your profile page’s player.
1. Go to your My Page tab and locate your music player in the left column. Click the “View Embed Code” link on the bottom right corner of the player.
2. Copy the “Embed” code from the music player and paste it into your Group text box or in the Discussion Forum, whichever you prefer.
- How do I change the order of my songs?
Click the “Edit Playlist” button at the bottom of your player, which will take you to a page where you can rearrange your songs. Click “Save” and you’ll be returned to your page where your songs will now appear in the new order!
- How do I add music to the music player on My Page?
There are a few ways to add music to your My Page.
First, you can add songs from your computer. Just click on the “Add Music” link at the bottom of your player, which will take you to a page where you can upload songs in the mp3 format. Music files for upload should not exceed 20 MB in size.
Second, if you hear a song you like, either on the main page or another member’s personal page, just click the “Add to My Page” link, which shows at the top of the music player. That song will be automatically added to your page.
Finally, if you find a podcast or playlist you like somewhere on the Internet, you can copy the URL / location, click the “Edit” button at the top of your player, and paste the URL into the “Podcast” section.
- How many songs can I have in my player?
You can have up to 100 tracks in the music player on your My Page.
- What formats of music are supported?
If you want to upload music, it must be in the mp3 format. You can also link to any song that is located online. Your network will give you an error message if you try to upload any format other than mp3. Audio files in the mp3 format are indicated by a “.mp3″ at the end of their title.
Can I have my player automatically start for other people viewing My Page?
Yes. Click “Edit” at the top of the player and check the “Autoplay” checkbox.
- Can I create multiple playlists?
Not right now, but we’re working on adding this feature in the near future.
- Can I add album artwork to my song?
Absolutely! After you’ve uploaded a song, you’ll arrive at a page to “Edit Song Info.” Click the button next to “artwork” and upload the album art from your computer.
You can also add album artwork later by clicking the “Edit Playlist” link at the bottom of the music player on your page and clicking “Edit” for the song you want to add artwork to. When you’re done, don’t forget to click the “Done” button below the song information box to save the artwork!
- Can I download a song someone else uploaded?
Not at this time. We have removed this feature due to copyright laws.
- Can I keep listening to my network’s playlist when I leave the main page?
Yes, simply push the pop-up feature button (two overlapping squares) on the music player.
- Can I show my player on my profile page or personal blog on another site?
Usually, yes! If the other site allows embedding, you can click on the “View embed code” link at the bottom of player, copy the code that is shown, and paste it on the external site.
- How can I play external songs and podcasts?
You can link to external podcasts to play them on your page.
1. Go to the My Page tab on the network and click on the “Add Music” link in the music player, located in the left column of your page.
2. To the right of the song uploader, you’ll see a box to “add music from any website by pasting in a link to the MP3.”
Next, you can edit your song’s information. Be sure to click the “Done” button!
3. Click the “Add Music” link, enter the URL of the song or podcast you want to feature in your playlist, and click the “Add Songs” button.
- How do I use the music player widget from a network I’m a member of?
On the main page of your network, you’ll see a button to get your network’s badge.
1. Click the “Get More Badges” link to see all the badges and widgets you can get from your network.
2. Once you’ve selected a badge or widget you want, click the “Copy HTML Code” button.
3. Go to your personal website and paste the code into any text box.
- Can I add a song someone else uploaded to the playlist on my page?
By default, anyone can add any song on a network to their playlist on their page. However, someone can change the default so that no one is able to use the song they added in their personal playlist.
Can I upload a song I performed if I didn’t write it?
If the song you’re performing is in the public domain, then you can upload and distribute it. If the song you’re performing is not in the public domain, then generally speaking you can’t legally upload and distribute it unless it falls under the doctrine of fair use.
You should consult the relevant copyright laws in your country in order to determine the legal status of material that you upload to a network if you are in any doubt.
- The music player says it’s playing a song I uploaded, but nothing’s playing. What’s going on?
It’s possible that the song wasn’t in the mp3 format when you uploaded it. The network will give you an error message if you try to upload anything other than an mp3, but if you override the error message it will still try to upload it. If this happens, the music player will get ‘stuck’ on this song. Try removing the song, converting it to the mp3 format, and uploading it again.
Why isn’t my song or podcast uploading?
First make sure you’re signed in to, and a member of, the network you wish to add a song or podcast to. Your song or podcast must be in the mp3 format, indicated by a “.mp3″ at the end of its title. Also note that audio files can’t be larger than 20MB, and each member of a network can only upload a maximum of 100 songs to that network.
- How do I convert a song from the m4a format to the mp3 format in iTunes?
If you’ve downloaded a song or ripped a CD to your iTunes library in the m4a format, you’ll need to convert it to the mp3 format before you can upload it to your network.
1. Open iTunes.
2. Go to the Edit menu and select “Preferences.”
3. Under the Advanced tab, click on the Importing tab.
4. Under “Import Using,” select “MP3 Encoder” from the drop down menu. Click OK.
5. Next, find the song or songs you wan to convert to mp3 format.
Songs you converted to MP3 format will now be indicated by a “.mp3″ at the end of their title.
6. Highlight them, open the Advanced menu, and click on “Convert Selection to MP3.”
- Can I choose the music license for a song?
Yes you can! To choose the appropriate music license for a song, click the drop-down menu next to “License” when editing the song’s info.